Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Granola Bars

My Mom makes yummy granola bars that everyone loves, except when I make them they don't taste near as good, in my opinion.  :-)  Something about Mom making them...never can duplicate it!  So here is one I've tried, with a few changes, and we all love.

Chewy Granola Bars

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2 T. coconut oil

Melt on stove top, or microwave if you use one.

Stir in:
1 cup oats +  a little extra
1 cup total of any combo you like (craisins, raisins, sesame seeds, coconut flakes, pepitos, nuts, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, etc)

Put in 8x8 pan.  Chill for two hours, cut into bars, and wrap in saran wrap.  I keep them in the fridge for a quick snack.

The first time I made these they were really gooey, so I like to add a little more oatmeal.  You can really make them fit your tastes.  If you want to add chocolate chips, cool the batter in the fridge or freezer for a bit first, they melt if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment